Individualized Training Support program
Individualized Training Support program
An exclusive program for professional circus artists!
Submit your training projects!
Would you like to develop your circus technique or learn new circus skills? Would you like to better manage your training? Are you involved in a new project that requires you to adapt your training? Do you need to develop strategies to prepare for a return to professional circus activities after a period of interruption? Are you dealing with an injury that requires you to adapt your training routine?
The Individualized Training Support program offers you the opportunity to access customized training, individually or in small groups with the trainer of your choice.
The call for projects for Winter 2024 will run from November 6 to December 8, 2023 (for a project taking place between January 8 and February 29, 2024).
Program terms & conditions
This program is exclusively for professional circus artists residing in Quebec. Please note that priority is given to En Piste members.
All applicants must be Canadian citizens or permanent residents or hold a work permit (open or closed). In addition, their professional status must be one of the following:
• Self-employed individual or Support for Self-Employment Measure
• Employee a non-profit organization or a company whose payroll does not exceed $2,000,000
• Recipient of Employment Insurance or Social Assistance, or recipient of an employment integration measure
Asylum seekers, full-time students, and foreign workers participating in the Seasonal Agricultural Worker Program are not eligible.
Participants identity the training program that meets their professional need(s). The maximum duration of a training program is 10 hours. Please note that depending on the volume of applications, only 1 application per participant can be accepted per session.
The training project must be carried out face-to-face or online, within a maximum period of 6 weeks during the fall, winter and spring sessions and completed no later than the following dates:
February 29 for Winter 2024 projects.
November 6 to December 8, 2023.
• Furthering a circus technique or learning a new circus discipline
• Development of related skills for joint and muscle strengthening or learning somatic approaches
• Acquisition of knowledge to maximize performance on topics such as nutrition, concentration, injury management, sleep management, performance stress, etc.
• Learning a new training sequence due to a new professional context (new project, adapting an act, new tour, etc.).
• Tools for managing training following a work interruption
• Any training program in which the learning outcomes are not clear (ex: daily workout without any teaching components)
• Rehearsing or learning a new show
• Hiring a consultant or mentor
• Participation in a conference, colloquium, or seminar
• Workshops or training offered outside Quebec
• Any request that can be met in one of the group workhops offered by En Piste, unless the proposed project is complementary and allows for the furthering of a new skill acquired in the group activity.
The alliance contributes to the payment of the trainer's fees up to a maximum hourly rate of 85$ per hour. Any overrun of fees and other expenses related to the training (rental costs of premises, equipment or materials, insurance) must be assumed by the participants and will not be reimbursed.
Certain travel and accommodation expenses for trainers residing outside Montréal may be reimbursed upon approval and according to the threshold of eligible expenses by Emploi-Québec. These expenses must be announced when the application is submitted. Any expense not previously approved will not be reimbursed.
Once the application has been accepted, the following steps must be completed in order to participate:
- Pay the registration fee of 15% of the training project's total costs including admin costs (if there is more than one participant, the fees are divided among the participants)
- Co-sign an agreement with En Piste and the trainer
- Respect the terms and deadlines of the program
- Ensure compliance with public health regulations.
- Hold the required insurance
- Fill out the Emploi-Québec participant file required by the funder
- Manage the logistics to carry out the activity
- Communicate any postponements or changes in the training program to the Continuing Education Coordinator
- Complete the training evaluation form here as soon as the training is finished : https://airtable.com/shrso8JjmYZHzBqHm
No training may begin until the application has been accepted, all persons involved in the project have signed the agreements, the registration fees have been paid by the participant(s), and the Emploi-Québec file has been completed by the participant(s) .
- Co-sign an agreement with En Piste and the participant(s)
- Respect the program terms and deadlines
- Communicate any postponements or changes to the training program
- Send an invoice, fill out the evaluation form here as soon as the training is finished : https://airtable.com/shrso8JjmYZHzBqHm
Here is the procedure to apply for the program:
- Fill out a registration form (in French) for each proposed training activity, in which you:
• Clearly explain your training needs and objectives
• Outline the training activities with the trainer of your choice
• Identify the number of hours of training as well as the dates and duration of training activities
- Send an updated CV of the participant(s) and the trainer
(If the trainer who has never worked with En Piste before, the CV must include 3 professional references)
Please note that incomplete applications will not be processed.
Attention from 2022, the "first come, first served" rule no longer applies.
During the relevant periods, submit your application. An evaluation committee will then meet to analyze the applications.
The group reserves the right to grant fewer hours than requested, depending on the availability of the budget.
We encourage you to send us CVs of trainers who value their training/pedagogical experience. If you don't know who to work with, we can recommend someone. Unfortunately, any incomplete application will be rejected.
For more information
Are you looking for a trainer to fill your training needs? Contact Mathilde Perahia, Continuing Education Coordinator, at the following coordinates before submitting your request :
Tel: 514 529-1183, ext. 2
Email: [email protected]