The circus community is shining this summer!
Summer is in full swing and after some difficult times, the circus community is off to a flying start to meet its audience once again!
Companies are taking over our streets, parks and neighborhoods this summer to the pleasure of everyone. En Piste underlines this vivacity and the strength with which the companies rise up and reinvent themselves. Our artists are shining this summer and we suggest a few activities to support them during their summer performances:
Throughout the month of August, keep an eye on the parks of Quebec City, you will surely come across Marina Plouffe as well as the acrobats of the Flip Fabrique troupe and their surprise micro-shows of La Tournée des 400 coups!
Between street arts, circus and theater, enjoy the free shows presented by the city of Joliette, every Wednesday in August at 7pm! Find the program here
Marguerite à bicyclette will ride around the island's neighborhoods with her bicycle... Follow the troupe and wander around as you please all August. Find the program here.
Summer at the Monastery
- Picnic at the Circus! Every Tuesday until the end of August, the St Jax Center will propose to the spectators to bring their picnic and enjoy 3 circus acts, between balance, juggling and aerial fabric. All the information to find here.
- Cabaret de la Fierté! On August 5, 6, 7 and 12, 13 and 14, let's celebrate the beauty of diversity through circus arts. The Monastery and Fierté Montréal join forces to present the Cabaret de la Fierté! A daring and poetic show at the foot of the church tower at the St Jax Center. Information and details.
TOHU in summer mode
- The circus comes to the old town: For the first time in the Old Port of Montreal and Old Montreal, TOHU brings contemporary Quebec circus to the Old Town. Free shows every weekend. Click on this link for details.
- Circus weekends at La TOHU: Until the end of August, La TOHU invites us every weekend to discover a host of artists and disciplines under the big top. All the details are here.
- The Public Market invites you: Every Wednesday in August, how about practicing a circus discipline? Try your hand at aerial hammocking at the Public Market with Caroline Petrement. Reserve your hammock and fly!
- Machine de cirque The troupe will perform every Friday and Saturday night at Valspec until August 14th, go see them!
Have a great summer circus!