The deconfinement plan for the performing arts sector summarized
Here is a summary of the announced relaxations affecting our sector announced by the Quebec government.
Here is a complement to the information communicated on February 8, 2022 by the Premier, Mr. François Legault. Some of these new relaxations will be effective as of February 14, 2022.
February 14, 2022
Performing arts: outdoor events
- Access to a maximum of 5,000 people per site for all outdoor events.
- Masks not required, but strongly recommended.
- Vaccination passport required.
- Indoor cultural recreation activities for persons 18 years of age and older would be possible in groups of no more than 25 persons.
February 21, 2022
Performing arts: indoor events and performances
- Reopening of indoor performance and event venues with a maximum capacity of 50% with no cap.
- For venues with 1,000 or more patrons, a sanitation protocol will be required (details of this protocol will be provided at a later date).
- Intermissions will be allowed. However, spectators must remain seated in their respective seats except in the case where one of them must get up to go to the toilet.
- The face covering worn by the audience during an indoor event or performance must be a procedural mask.
- Presentation of immunization passport required.
February 28, 2022
Performing Arts: Indoor Events and Performances
- Reopening of theatres to full capacity with no ceiling.
- The major centers (Bell and Videotron) remain at 50% capacity until March 14.
- Intermissions will be allowed without the need to remain seated.
- Face coverings worn by the public at an indoor event or performance must be procedural masks.
- Lifting of the maximum number of participants in cultural leisure activities.
- Presentation of vaccination passport is mandatory.
- Reopening of bars.
March 14, 2022
- 100% reopening of all cultural settings and end of capacity restrictions.
- Re-open uncapped outdoor events.
- Lifting of seating requirements for indoor events and performances.
- Reopening of the major centers (Bell and Videotron) to full capacity.
- Opening of dance floors.
The relaxation of sanitary measures and related details will be confirmed once the ministerial decree has been adopted. The official information will then be made available in the Summary Table of openings and suspensions of activities in the cultural milieu during COVID-19.