Job - Instructor - Coordinator
Job for January 2023 at the École de cirque des Îles.
L'École de cirque des Îles is a non-profit organization founded in 2004, whose mission is to bring together people interested in contemporary circus activities and to promote the arts, artists and recreational and educational activities related to the circus in the Magdalen Islands region.
The organization is in the process of relaunching its activities following the last few years.
The organization would like to resume and relaunch the other components that are part of our mission and our programming, namely Preparatory Circus. After School Circus and Social Circus; Summer activities and cultural activities.
The École de cirque des Îles is looking for an instructor-coordinator for all its activities:
Tasks and responsibilities:
In team with the management and the work team, the Instructor-Coordinator will :
- Supervise the relaunch of the preparatory circus component (physical preparation courses adapted to the circus disciplines practiced by the students, development of personalized training plans, follow-up and evaluation of the students' progress);
- Teach the different basic circus techniques (juggling, acrobatics, balancing, aerial and others) and lead weekly preparatory circus workshops with the help of junior instructors and assistant instructors. With possibility of supervising the team of instructors during recreational and social circus activities;
- Supervise the team of instructors during recreational and social circus activities;
- Coordinate the school's pedagogical approach (planning, debriefing, special activities, etc.) with the existing team of instructors;
- Provide ongoing training to the Junior Instructors in order to maintain a safe, inclusive and fun educational approach for all students in the school;
- Tidy up the equipment rooms, ensure that the equipment is in good condition and that the premises are clean and safe;
- Participate in team meetings and training sessions;
- Participate in the realization of the end of the year show by creating numbers for each group of young people;
- Assist the Executive Director in the development of reference documents for the school;
- Perform any related duties.
- Have a background in circus arts;
- Experience in teaching;
- Have skills in aerial disciplines, acrobatics and juggling;
- Have a good command of spoken and written French;
- Have a class 5 driver's license and a car
- Be available and willing to work weekends and weeknights;
- Be punctual and autonomous;
- Be organized and reliable;
- Have advanced skills in one or more circus disciplines (an asset);
- Have experience with youth (an asset);
- Experience in social circus (an asset);
- Spoken English (an asset)
- CPR training (an asset)
- The opportunity to participate in the relaunch of the Islands Circus School with a young, dynamic and enthusiastic team;
- New computer work tools;
- A great professional development opportunity where your expertise will be valued;
- The chance to make a difference in the lives of hundreds of young people, as well as in the Magdalen Islands community;
- Opportunities to collaborate with the Festival de cirque des Îles and Cirque Éloize within the La Seine project located in Havre-Aubert.
For more information: http://www.tourismeilesdelamadeleine.com/fr/decouvrir-les-iles/
Job title: Instructor-Coordinator
Start date: January 2023
Duration of the position: from mid-January 2023 to mid-May 2023 (possibility of employability in the summer of 2023 (Summer Troupe, Summer Camps, Festival de Cirque des Îles) and renewable from September 2023)
Number of hours: between 25 hours/week and 30 hours/week
Remuneration and benefits: To be discussed according to experience
To apply, send your resume to [email protected]