Remunerated training program
Training optimization for aerial artists and acrobats residing in Quebec
We are proud to be able to offer our members a new paid online training program, made possible by the Programme d'actions concertées pour le maintien en emploi of the Ministère du Travail de l'Emploi et de la Solidarité sociale and the Commission des partenaires du marché du travail of Quebec.
The program was established in response to the COVID-19 crisis. It aims to equip and support circus artists to help them prepare for the return to their professional activities. Should studios reopen before the end of the program, activities will be adapted to be complementary to the return to studio training.
This program is offered to all professional circus artists who meet the criteria (see below). The courses will be held in French.
About the program
While waiting for the reopening of the training facilities and the re-launch of professional activities, selected artists will follow an online group training with an expert trainer.
Training dates: June 15 to September 11, 2020
The entire program totals 60 hours of training, or to be precise, 5 hours per week for 13 weeks. Please note that the activities will not take place on holidays; these hours will be fulfilled in the last week.
20$ per hour
1,200$ in total compensation
5 hours per week
60 hours of training
90 places available
Deadline to apply: May 31 2020, at 11:59 p.m.
Terms and conditions
This program is open to circus artists living in Quebec who are members of En Piste for 2020. A total of 90 artists will take part in the program: 45 aerialists and 45 acrobats.
Not yet a member? Don't worry, it's not too late to complete your membership today and have the chance to access this exclusive program!
This program will allow you to :
• Enhance and diversify warm-ups and exercises adapted to physical distancing instructions and restricted spaces, all the while assuring the biomechanics of the movements
• Learn and practice tele-training exercises to maintain endurance, flexibility, quality of movement, and strength.
• Follow acrobatic visualization exercises
• Prepare for the relaunch of duo and group exercises
• Develop artistic movement sequences for small spaces
• Obtain self-assessment, self-protection and injury prevention tools
• Discuss with an expert and exchange with peers on related topics such as mental preparation, resilience, nutrition, and creativity in today's context.
To be eligible for the program, you must meet all of the following criteria:
• Be a member of En Piste (and have completed your member profile on the En Piste website repertoire)
• Be a professional circus artist (aerial or any acrobatic discipline*)
• Reside in Quebec
• Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or hold an open or closed work permit. Unfortunately, due to funding restrictions, study permits are not eligible.
• Have completed the form and provided the required attachments.
* Any acrobatic discipline including wire, juggling, balancing, hand to hand, teeterboard, German wheel, Cyr wheel, etc.
Not sure if you qualify? Contact us to find out for sure!
Those participating in the program must :
• Commit to the full course, 60 hours over 13 weeks.
• Comply with all the administrative instructions related to the commitment.
• Complete the evaluation form at the end of the program and send it to us within 2 business days following the last session.
Those admitted will receive a fee of 20$/hour for participating in the online sessions. The total compensation for attending the 60 hours of training is 1,200$.
You have until Sunday, May 31, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. to apply online. A committee will evaluate each application. Selected artists will be contacted promptly and must confirm their participation no later than June 8 at 9:00 am.
Week 1: Monday June 15, Wednesday June 17, and Friday June 19
Week 2: Monday June 22 and Friday June 26 (Wednesday June 24 off)
Week 3: Monday June 29 and Friday July 3 (Wednesday July 1 off)
Week 4: Monday July 6, Wednesday July 8, and Friday July 10
Week 5: Monday July 13, Wednesday July 15, and Friday July 17
Week 6: Monday July 20, Wednesday July 22, and Friday July 24
Week 7: Monday July 27, Wednesday July 29, and Friday July 31
Week 8: Monday August 3, Wednesday August 5, and Friday August 7
Week 9: Monday August 10, Wednesday August 12, and Friday August 14
Week 10: Monday August 17, Wednesday August 19, and Friday August 21
Week 11: Monday August 24, Wednesday August 26, and Friday August 28
Week 12: Monday August 31, Wednesday September 2, and Friday September 4
Week 13: Wednesday September 9 and Friday September 11
Time slots and trainers will be communicated to participants in due time.