Reimbursement assistance for training expenses - NEW!

Reimbursement assistance for training expenses - NEW!

Reimbursement assistance for training expenses - NEW!

Bloc texte

This financial assistance allows professional circus performers residing in Quebec to be partially reimbursed for a large portion of their expenses incurred in Quebec in connection with supervised training, individualized coaching, group workshops in circus or related disciplines, studio memberships, physical development workshops, training programs, and even the support of a technician needed for the practice of specific disiplines (ex: to hold lines for swinging disciplines).

You can claim a maximum of $800 per fiscal year by December 31 of each year. The assistance will be paid directly into your account upon presentation of your receipts.

For information on eligibility requirements, eligible expenses and reimbursement terms, consult this document.

Bloc texte

Here is how to benefit from the assistance measure

After carefully reading the document outlining the expense assistance, follow these steps:

Are you a member of the alliance in the Artist category?

  1. Fill out the short version of the Annual Registration form for members(French only) and email it to us along with a sample cheque and proof of residency to [email protected] (you will only need to do this step once at the beginning of the year)
  2. Send the completed Monthly Claim form(French only) with your receipts to [email protected] (please read the terms and conditions before sending your expenses to avoid processing delays)


Not a member of the alliance?

Since all the supporting documents required to validate your eligibility for this assistance service are identical to the Artist membership process, we invite you to become a member!

You can then follow the two steps described above for members.

However, you do not have to be a member to receive the assistance. If you do not wish to join the alliance, here are the steps to follow:

  1. Fill out the Annual Registration form for non-members(French only) and email it to us with all required supporting documents and a cheque specimen to [email protected] (you will only need to do this once at the beginning of the year)
  2. Pay the $50.00 registration fee for non-members (a Paypal link will be sent to you)
  3. Send us the completed Monthly Claim form(French only), along with your receipts, to [email protected] (please read the terms and conditions before sending your expenses to avoid processing delays)


Have you read the Reimbursement assistance for training expenses document and still have questions? Contact Natalie Brisson at 514-529-1183, ext. 129 or at [email protected].

Bloc texte


Bloc texte

What can I submit as evidence of residing in Quebec?

You must submit a recent proof, in PDF or JPG format, from the following choices:

  • Invoice from an Internet, cable or telephone service provider
  • Invoice from an energy company (heating, electricity)
  • Valid Quebec driver's licence
  • Municipal or school tax notice
  • Home insurance policy

What do I do if I move during the year?

You must provide new proof of residence in Quebec to remain eligible for reimbursement assistance.

What should I do if I leave Quebec temporarily during the year?

You cannot claim expenses incurred during the period of absence. Only expenses incurred in Quebec are eligible.

I reside outside of Quebec, but I take online training led by Quebec trainers. Do I qualify for reimbursement assistance?

No, residents outside of Quebec are not eligible for this measure as funding is provided by the Conseil des arts et lettres du Québec (CALQ). Furthermore, online training is not eligible.

Can I register my company for reimbursement assistance?  

No, only artists are eligible. We cannot reimburse any invoice made in the name of a company.

Bloc texte

Are online activities eligible?

No, online training is not eligible. The location of the activity must be clearly identified on the invoice.

I want to rent a studio to practise my art (e.g. juggling). Is renting a studio for training an eligible expense?

Yes, but it must be clearly stated on the invoice. Any expenses incurred for the creation of an act or show will not be reimbursed.

Are training or coaching sessions aiming at developing artistic technique eligible?

Only the development of circus or related techniques, or coaching related to training, are eligible. For example, hiring an artistic director to develop an act is not eligible for this program.

Are the fees I paid for my Individualized Training Support project with En Piste eligible?

No, since the program is already subsidized by Services Québec.

Are expenses that are already covered by another grant (e.g.: CALQ’s professional development grants) eligible?

No, any expenses paid by another grant program from Services Québec, CALQ, CAM or any other funder are not eligible.

Bloc texte

What needs to be included on my invoice?

All invoices must be in the name of the person claiming and must specify the service rendered so we can easily identify the reimbursement limit.

I have several invoices and receipts to attach to my monthly reimbursement form. How do I do this?

It is best to send each invoice and receipt in separate PDF or JPG documents attached to the same email that also contains the monthly expense form. Ideally, please send the invoice and receipt for the same expense in one file. For example, you can send the invoice for a class and the payment receipt for that same class in the same attachment.

We always train as a duo. Are we each entitled to $800? How do we submit our invoices?

You must register individually for the program to be eligible for reimbursement assistance. Each individual will need to provide us with invoices in their name. We recommend that you ask your provider to split the costs and provide you each with an invoice. Alternatively, you can each take responsibility for expenses and claim them in turn.

Bloc texte

This assistance is made possible through funding from the Conseil des arts et lettres du Québec (CALQ).