Remunerated training program
Stage rigging training / installation of acrobatic equipment
In partnership with Collège Lionel-Groulx, we have created a brand new remunerated training program in stage rigging, including a session on installation of acrobatic equipement. This training is tailor-made for technicians in circus arts (or other performing arts disciplines) who wish to develop professional expertise in hanging acrobatic apparatus. This program is made possible thanks to the financial participation of the Government of Quebec.
At the end of the training, all participants will receive an attestation from Collège Lionel-Groulx.
This program is offered in French only.
Selected individuals will receive online and in-person group training with three expert trainers : Félix Boisvert-Lemay, Fred Gérard and Marieke Séguin.
Training dates: August 17 to September 17, 2020
The entire program totals 125 hours of training, which is approximately 25 hours per week for 5 weeks. Registration to the program is free!
20$ per hour
2 500$ of total compensation
125 hours of training
14 places available
Deadline to apply :
Sunday, August 2nd at 11h59p.m.
Terms and conditions
Module 1: Introduction to rigging (25 hours)
Module 2: Introduction to hanging acrobatic apparatus (15 hours)
Module 3: Equipment inspection and maintenance (15 hours)
Module 4: Analysis of rigging parameters (load calculations) (20 hours)
Module 5: Acrobatic Rigging Laboratory (25 hours)
Module 6: Final Integration Laboratory (25 hours)
At the end of the training, you should be able to :
• Operate tools, instruments and rigging equipment
• Planning the rigging work
• Prepare rigging equipment and systems
• Installing acrobatic type rigging elements
• Inspect and maintain rigging equipment
• Dismantle rigging equipment and systems
• Enforce safety regulations, standards and practices
The training is divided into 2 parts:
- Distance learning (day and/or evening on weekdays):
From August 17 to 28*
- Practical training in Cirque Éloize's studio in Montreal (variable schedule between 9 am and 5 pm on weekdays):
From August 31 to September 17*
*Please note that the above dates for both remote and studio training are subject to change depending on the progress of the online courses and the availability of the chosen studio.
The 125 hours will be spread over 5 weeks. Since the schedule is variable, we require that participants be free every day and weekday evenings for the entire duration of the training according to the schedule above (weekends are free). In other words, applicants must be available and flexible in order to be able to attend all courses and be paid.
This program will allow you to :
• Develop and optimize your knowledge for the return to your professional activities
• Use the rigging equipment (lifting, tensioning, and connecting equipment)
• Climbing skillfully in technical installations
• Assembling and dismantling acrobatic installations
• Planning rigging work with technical staff
• Use the technical equipment of a show safely according to established standards.
This program is open to technicians in circus arts or other performing arts disciplines. Participants must reside in Quebec and be a member of En Piste for the year 2020. The program will welcome 14 people.
The candidate will have to demonstrate appropriate physical abilities. He or she must also have experience in performing techniques. An evaluation of the person's level will be made by studying his or her CV and answers to the registration form.
Not yet a member? Don't worry, it's not too late to complete your membership today and get a chance to access this exclusive program!
To be eligible for the program, you must meet all of the following criteria:
• Be a member of En Piste (and have completed your member profile on the En Piste website repertoire)
• Be a technician in circus arts or other performing arts disciplines
• Reside in Quebec
• Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or hold an open or closed work permit. Unfortunately, due to funding restrictions, study permits are not eligible
• Have completed the form and provided the required attachments
• Have a computer or a tablet (with camera) and the internet at home in order to follow the courses remotely (on Zoom)
• Possess personal protective equipment (PPE): harness, safety boots, work glove and protective helmet
Please note that this program is offered in French only.
Not sure if you qualify? Contact us to find out for sure!
Those participating in the program must :
• Commit to the full course, 125 hours over 5 weeks.
• Comply with all the administrative instructions related to the commitment.
• Complete the evaluation form at the end of the program and send it to us within 2 business days following the last session.
Those admitted will receive a fee of 20$/hour for participating in the online sessions. The total compensation for attending the 125 hours of training is 2,500$.
You have until Sunday, August 2nd, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. to apply online. A committee will evaluate each application. Selected artists will be contacted promptly and must confirm their participation no later than August 10 at 9:00 am.